Dr. Deep Goel
DNB, FRCS (England)
Dr. Deep Goel has joined Artemis as Consultant- Minimal Invasive & Gastro Intestinal Surgeon. His main area of interest is Minimal Invasive Abdominal Cancer Surgery apart from general laparoscopic surgery. He has also authored a number of publications, research papers and abstracts and has been actively involved in organizing various seminars, workshops, conferences and delivering guest lectures throughout the country and abroad.
Education and Training:
Residencies and Fellowship:
- DNB (General Surgery), 1996.
- Fellow, The Royal College of Surgeons, England, Sept 1998.
- Fellowship in Colorectal Minimal Invasive Surgery, Mount Sinai Medical School, New York, USA
- Fellowship in Minimal Invasive Surgery at Bagatelle Hospital, Bourdaux, France
- Honorary Fellow of Association of Minimal Access Surgeons Of India, 2007
- M.B.B.S. from Kasturba Gandhi Medical College, Manglore-Manipal, 1991 (Gold Medalist)
Research and Publications
- Comparative evaluation of laparoscopic cholecystectomy with and without gas.
- Gastroscopic assisted laparoscopic cystogastrostomy in management of pseudocysts of the pancreas - Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Dec 2002 - (Co-Author)
- Laparoscopic management of perforation peritonitis in Enteric fever - a preliminary study sent to Journal of Laprosc Endosc. Advanced Surgical Techniques. (Co-Author)
- Laparoscopic management of testicular tumor in intra-abdominal testes –Grand Rounds Journal (Online)
- Consultant- Minimal Invasive & Gastro Intestinal Surgeon at Artemis Health Institute, Gurgaon
- Consultant- Minimal Invasive Surgeon, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi from May 2000 till May 2007.
- Specialist Registrar, The Royal London Hospital, Whitechapel, London,Feb 1998-Oct 1998.
- Specialist Registrar-General and Minimally Invasive Surgery, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, 1996-1998.
- Professional Memberships
- Executive Committee Member - Asian Metabolic Society
- Executive Committee Member - Association of Minimal Access surgery of Indian (AMASI)
- Life Member - Obesity Surgery Society of Indian (OSSI)
- Life Member – Endo Laparoscopic Society of Asia (ELSA)
- Life Member- Eurasian Colorectal Technologies Association (ECTA)
- Life Member - International Association of Surgeons, Gastroenterologist and Oncologists (IASGO).
- Life Member – Indian Association of Gastroendo Surgeons (IAGES)
- Life Member – Indian Association of Colorectal Surgeons (IACSR)
- Life Member –Association of Surgeons of India (ASI)
- Gold Medalist
- Biochemistry (in school level) – September 1988
- Overall Gold Medal in Paraclinical Subjects 2nd MBBS – March 1990
- MBBS, Kasturba Gandhi Medical College, Mangalore – Manipal 1991
Minimal Invasive Bariatric and Gastrointestinal Onco Surgery
Dr. Deep Goel is presently Head of Surgical Specialties and Consultant Department of Minimal Invasive, Bariatric and Gastrointestinal Oncosurgery at Artemis Health Institute, Gurgaon, NCR, India.
International Fellowships and Trainings
He was awarded Fellowship of Royal College of Surgeons, England in 1998.
In 1998, he was appointed as Specialist Registrar in Minimal Invasive and Vascular Surgery at The Royal London Hospital, Whitechapel, London. During this period, he was extensively trained in Minimal Invasive Bariatric and Gastrointestinal procedures apart from vascular surgery.
He was further trained from Mount Sinai Medical School, New York, USA as a visiting fellow in Bariatric and Gastrointestinal surgery in 2001.
He also did Visiting Fellowship in Minimal Invasive and Gastrointestinal surgery at Bagatelle Hospital, Bordeaux, France.
He has been invited as a teaching faculty for live-workshops, seminars, conferences and delivering guest lectures throughout the country and aboard. He is a faculty in various training programmes all over the country.
Best Original Research Award by National Board of Examinations, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India, New Delhi.
- Member of the Editorial Board, Indian Journal of Coloproctology (IJCP)
- Member of the Editorial Board of Online Journal Grand Rounds www.grandrounds-e-med.com
- Member Peer Reviewer in South Asian Health Forum, www.sahf.net
- He has authored a number of articles and abstracts in various reputed national and international journals