Dr. Harshavardhan K Hegde
Dr. Harshavardhan K Hegde has joined Artemis Health Institute as Consultant-Spine Surgery & Orthopedics. He specializes in Spinal surgeries, Arthoplasty, & Trauma. He has been trained on all complex surgeries of spine in Germany & UK as well as advanced training in Arthroplasty in the UK. He has number of publications, research papers to his credit.
He has numerous complex spinal surgeries to his credit like Scoliotic corrections, Disc Replacements (both cervical and lumbar), Instrumentation for low back problems including spondylolisthesis, surgeries for infections like Tuberculosis of the Spine etc. He has done over 2500 knee and hip replacement surgeries both primary and revision.
Education and Training:
Residencies and Fellowship:
- pine Fellow at Klinikum Karlsbaad, Langenteinbach, Germany from July 2001 to Dec 2001.
- Spine Fellow at Nuffield Orthopaedic Hospital, Oxford, U.K. from Feb96 to Jan 97..
- Sr.Registrar in Orthopedics at Stoke Mandeville Hospital, Aylesbury, Bucks, U.K from Aug 94 to Jan 96 (ODTS Oxford Rotation).
Post Graduate Programmes:
- M.S. (Orthopaedics) - Baroda Medical College, Gujarat. 1987
- Medical School:
- M.B.B.S. - Baroda Medical College, Gujarat. 1982
- The Indian Orthopaedic Association
- The Delhi Orthopaedic Association
- GMC, U.K
- Girdlestone Orthopedic Society, U.K
- Indian Association of Spine Surgeons
- The Gujarat Orthopaedic Association
- Ahmedabad Orthopaedic Association
- Gujarat Spine Society
- Consultant- Orthopedics at Artemis Health Institute, Gurgaon
- Senior Consultant- Spine Surgery & Orthopedics, Max Health Care, New Delhi & Sitaram Bhartia Institute of Science & Research. May 2005 till 31st May 07
- Senior Consultant Orthopedics & Spine – Apollo Hospitals, Ahmedabad, Gujarat. 2003 - 2005
- Consulting Orthopedics Surgery at Bhailal Amin General Hospital, Baroda, Gujrat – 1997 to 2003
- Professor & Head of Orthopaedics at Pramukh Swami Medical College, Karamsad, Gujarat 1988-2003