Dr. Sandeep Malhotra
Dr. Sandeep Malhotra is an expert in minimal access weight loss surgery and advanced laparoscopic abdominal surgery. He has performed more than 500 cases of bariatric surgery including Laparoscopic Bypass, Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy and Lap Banding.
He is also an specialist in advanced Laparoscopic Abdominal Surgery like Laparoscopic cholecystectomy , appendisectomy, laparoscopic acid reflux surgery, laparoscopic adrenateclonogy , laparoscopic nephrectomy(kidney removal), laparoscopic stomach small intestine and colon surgery.
He has to his credit, numerous articles in top peer-reviewed journals and has made presentations at national and international meetings.
- Consultant- General Surgery/Bariatric Surgery at Artemis Health Institute, Gurgaon
- Previous appointment:
- Director of Bariatric Surgery , Long Island Jewish Medical Center, NY, Aug 2004- June 2007
- Director Minimally Invasive Surgery, Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center, Wilkes-Barre, PA, 2002-2004
- Attending-Emergency Room, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, New York,,1999-2001
Education and Training:
Residencies and Fellowship:
- Fellow, Minimally Invasive Surgery, Staten Island University Hospital, NY, 2001-2002
- Surgical Research Fellow, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, Hepatobiliary Lab, 1999-2001.
- Surgery Chief Resident, New York University Medical Center, 1998-1999
- Surgical Resident New York University Medical Center,1997-1998
- Surgical Research Fellow, New York University Medical Center,1996-1997
- Surgical Research, New York University Medical Center,1993-1996
Post Graduate Programmes:
- M.D., Diplomate American Board of Surgery, November 2000.
- M.B.B.S. from Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi University, 1993.
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Member, Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeon
- Member, American Society of Bariatric Surgery.