THE LEADING HOSPITAL IN SPORTS MEDICINE IN ISRAEL –
The Meir Medical Center of the General Health Services (Sherut Briut Clalit) has chosen sports medicine as one of its fields of focus during the last few years, assisted by the staff of specialists in sports medicine within its authority. For five years, Meir Medical Center has been defined as “The Olympic Hospital” since it serves as the medical center that treats the athletes of the Olympic team. It is the only hospital permitted to use the Olympic symbol of the five rings. The medical staff accompanied the Olympia group to the Olympic Games in Athens in 2004, and continues to accompany them with dedication, today as well.
Our patients are our prime customers, we will consistently strive to:
- • Serve the community by providing compassionate, quality care and by promoting today’s most advanced health care and disease prevention technologies and methods.
- • Develop our services so they stay at the cutting edge while emphasizing centers of excellence and singular capabilities all of which will act as centers of merit for patients, and centers of knowledge for our staff.
- • Develop new services in order to maintain our position as a leader in Israel’s medical world.
- • Provide comprehensive and high-quality services to the public while cooperating and ensuring that ongoing care continues in collaboration with the community’s health services.
- • Consistently upgrade patient care via ongoing dialog and interaction with patients and examining their levels of satisfaction and expectation.
- • Ensure respect for the individual, and protect patients’ rights to privacy and comfort, honesty and impartiality.
- • Improve our infrastructure and equipment and apply the newest technologies.
Some of the highlights of this hospital are:
- 717 Hospital Beds
- 50 Day Beds
- 20 Dialysis Stations
- 57 New-born Infant cribs
- Hospital Admissions: 59,484
- Average patient stay: 3.94 days
- Day Care Admissions: 9039
- Outpatient Clinic Visits: 321,443
- X-Rays and Scans: 227,921
- Laboratory tests: 4,360,244
- Deliveries: 5800
- No. of babies born: 5926
- Twins: 135
- Triplets: 3
- Surgical Procedures
- Operations: 18,440
Some of the facilities that can be availed at this hospital are:
- • Diet Workshop
- • Prenatal Program
- • Travelers’ Clinic
- • Genetic testing
- • Youth Sport Center
- • OB/GYN Ultrasound
- • Psychology Clinic
- • Adjusting to Menopause
- • Onco-genetic counseling
- • Sexual Dysfunction Clinic
- • Preflight checkups
- • Pelvic Muscle Strengthening