Our mission is to provide the highest quality of care and outcome for you before, during and after your surgical procedures. Our entire staff and facility have been developed with that goal in mind.
Our facility is fully accredited by the Canadian Association for the Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgical Facilities an organization started by Dr Lloyd Carlsen in 1990, and we are proud to be the first facility to receive that recognition. Because of his concerns for patient safety, Dr Carlsen started the Canadian Association for the Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgical Facilities to ensure that member organizations had the proper equipment for day to day operations and emergency situations. Member facilities are inspected on a regular basis to ensure that these safety standards are upheld.
All physicians on staff have privileges to admit patients to a hospital in the unlikely event of an emergency.
The nurses looking after you at the Cosmetic Surgery Hospital are all fully registered nurses. They are extensively trained to look after patients and recognize the special needs that may be associated with cosmetic surgery procedures. Unfortunately, in busy community hospitals, cosmetic surgery patients because of the nature of their surgery are not always treated as nicely as they should be. We want this surgical experience to be as pleasant for you as possible.
For many procedures an overnight stay may be deemed appropriate by your surgeon. This can make the postoperative course easier for both the patient and the patient’s family. You might wish to discuss with your surgeon whether an overnight stay would be appropriate.
The Cosmetic surgery Hospital is a fully licensed, private hospital specializing in plastic and cosmetic surgery, health and wellness, aesthetics, and clinical obesity. We are dedicated to providing all services associated with cosmetic enhancement inside and out, from aesthetics to injectables to surgical services to our Wellness Centre.
The Cosmetic Surgery Hospital is a dynamic, patient-focused organization that has been able to attract the most talented, in-demand physicians in today's society. Over the last few years, several new young physicians have been added to this very select roster, bringing with them new energy, new skill and a new client following.
All of our surgeons here at the Cosmetic Surgery Hospital are specialists in their fields and are all members of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, the Ontario College of Physicians and Surgeons and they are also associated with major hospitals in Ontario.
The Cosmetic Surgery Hospital has earned a reputation for clinical excellence for over thirty years under the direction of Dr. Lloyd N. Carlsen, one of Canada's most respected cosmetic plastic surgeons.
Accredited by the Canadian Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgical Facilities (CAAASF), the Cosmetic Surgery Hospital offers a full range of cosmetic surgery procedures performed by qualified surgeons. Patient safety and satisfaction are hallmarks for the hospital, and are governed with exacting ethical and medical standards. Our operating rooms offer the best technology and equipment under the strict supervision of highly qualified surgeons, anesthesiologists and nursing staff.
The eight acres setting for the Cosmetic Surgery Hospital is both idyllic and peaceful. Ambiance is one of friendliness and encouragement. Located in Woodbridge, Ontario on the outskirts of Toronto, the Manor offers a unique setting away from the hustle and bustle of downtown Toronto yet is still easily accessible to major modes of transportation. The Manor grounds are tranquil and reminiscent of a traditional English garden.
Patients are assured of the highest standards of medical care while staying at the Cosmetic Surgery Hospital. We have the same exemplary level of quality for surgical equipment, surgical staff and amenities found in operating rooms at the very best large public hospitals. Our facility is comprised of 20,000 square feet. Surgical procedures are performed in our state of the art operating rooms located on the top floor of the hospital. Overnight patients stay in our beautifully appointed private suites and are afforded 24-hour nursing care. Day surgery patients also receive constant nursing care from our experienced operating room nurses while staying in our spacious day surgery unit adjacent to the operating rooms.
- Surgical procedures
- 1) Facial Rejuvenation
- 2) Breast Enlargement
- 3) Body countering
- 4) Bariatric Weightloss
- 5) Skin rejuvenation
- Facial Rejuvenation Surgery
- Most often, facial rejuvenation procedures can be combined. Although the operating time is somewhat longer, it does not generally lead to a longer recovery time for patients. There may be a financial benefit to doing more than one procedure at a time. Sometimes patients are concerned only with one area. If that is corrected, other facial features may seem out of synch, so remember to consider the face as a whole. You may wish to discuss this with the surgeon at the time of your consultation
- Facial Rejuvenation Surgery at CSH
- Face Lift
- Forehead Lift
- Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty)
- Ears (Otoplasty)
- Lip Enhancement
- Nasal Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
- Chin Surgery
- Cheek Procedure
- Face Lift (Rhytidectomy)
- The Forehead Lift
- Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty)
- Surgery for Outstanding Ears (Otoplasty)
- Cheiloplasty (Lip Enhancement)
- ABDOLLAH BEHZADI
- M.D., M.B.A., F.R.C.S.(C)
- Thoracic & Foregut Surgery
- Dr. Behzadi obtained his Doctor of Medicine from McGill University in 1995. He completed his general and bariatric surgery training at McGill University Health Center and obtained certification in surgery from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and the American Board of Surgery in 2000 and 2001 respectively. He then completed a fellowship in Thoracic Surgery at the University of Manitoba where he also received a master in administration. He then went to the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota for an advanced fellowship in minimally invasive gastro-esophageal and thoracic surgery. He is also certified in Thoracic Surgery by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
- He is a member of many prestigious societies including the Society of Thoracic Surgeons, the Canadian Associations of Thoracic Surgeons, the American College of Surgeons, the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and the Ontario Medical Association.
- He is an attending thoracic Surgeon at the Scarborough Hospital in Toronto.
- McGill University, Montreal, PQ - MD (1995)
- McGill University, Montreal, PQ - General Surgery (1995 - 2000)
- University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB - Thoracic Surgery (2000 - 2002)
- University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB - MBA (2003)
- Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN - Advanced Thoracic Fellowship (2003 - 2004)
- The Scarborough Hospital, Toronto, ON - Attending Surgeon (2004 - )
- Thoracic Oncology
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Resource Management & Technology Assessment
- PAUL BRAUDE
- M.D., M.B. Ch.B.
- Dr. Paul Braude is medical director of Ageless in Toronto. His interests are in preventive medicine, nutrition, excercise, fitness and internal medicine.He is responsible for overseeing the Wellness Clinic team.
- He has over twenty-five years experience in primary care medicine and has also worked as a researcher in the areas of arthritis, urology, hypertension, diabetes and asthma.
- LLOYD N. CARLSEN
- M.D., C.M., F.R.C.S.(C), F.A.C.S.
- Cosmetic & Plastic Surgery
- Lloyd N. Carlsen, Medical Doctor, Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Plastic Surgery, Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
- Dr. Carlsen, shortly after he started his plastic surgery practice at the Scarborough General Hospital, it became apparent to him that public hospitals did not provide the appropriate setting and care for cosmetic patients. He therefore, established the first private hospital in Canada devoted exclusively to cosmetic surgery. Today the Cosmetic Surgery Hospital is still the only licensed private hospital which provides the facility for several plastic surgeons to accomplish their cosmetic plastic surgery.
- The hospital has now expanded to include bariatric (weight loss) surgical procedures carried out by two highly qualified general surgeons, Dr. Abdollah Behzadi and Dr. Lancelot Tin. Also the department of Ageless in Toronto - Wellness Centre - has been established under the direction of Dr. Paul Braude.
- Dr. Carlsen is an extremely experienced, well respected plastic and cosmetic surgeon.
- Dr. Carlsen has been an innovative surgeon. Dr. Carlsen pioneered a procedure to build up the underdeveloped inner calf (calf augmentation). This is performed for both cosmetic purposes as well as reconstructive purposes in people who have a deformity of the lower leg such as club foot or post polio. This has given him world wide acclaim. He developed a technique for a reduction mammoplasty. This increases the longevity of the lift. This technique has been utilized by plastic surgeons around the world. He has lectured extensive on techniques using deeper tissues to support and maintain a better contour of the neck and facelift procedures. In addition, he has also written and devised procedures for aesthetic and reconstructive surgeries of the breast.
- Dr. Carlsen was the founding member of The Canadian Society of Aesthetic (Cosmetic) Plastic Surgery. This organization now numbers 160 members and is devoted to the education of all plastic surgeons with a significant interest in cosmetic procedures. Its membership is limited strictly to plastic surgeons. http://www.csaps.ca
- Because Dr. Carlsen was concerned about safety standards in free ion for the safety of their patients. Dr. Carlsen has been an extremely prolific reconstructive surgeon as well. The first burn unit in Canada was organized by him at the Scarborough General Hospital. He is on staff at the Scarborough General Hospital. He is an Assistant Clinical Professor for the Department of Surgery at McMaster University University and a Professor of International Postgraduate Education in Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. He is internationally renowned and has been invited to lecture and demonstrate surgery in many countries of the world.
- DANA KHUTHAILA, MD
- 2007 Fellowship at the European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy for Breast Reconstruction
- 2006 Fellowship in Microsurgical Breast Reconstruction in Gent, Belgium
- 2005 Fellowship in Breast Reconstruction with Dr. Hammond in Grand Rapids, MI
- 2005 Michigan State Medical License
- 2005 ABPS (American Board of Plastic Surgery) Board Eligible
- 2005 ECFMG Certificate
- 2005 Clinical Fellow in Aesthetic Surgery in Toronto with Dr. Carlsen
- 2004 FRCS(C) in Plastic Surgery
- 2002 Medical Council of Canada-LMCC
- 2001 Principles of Surgery Exam
- 1997 MBBS, King Saud University School of Medicine
- Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- INTERNSHIP AND RESIDENCY
- 1999-2004 Plastic Surgery Residency at McMaster University
- Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
- 1998-1999 Resident in General Surgery at King Faisal Specialist Hospital
- Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- 1997-1998 Rotating Internship King Khalid University Hospital
- Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- 1991-1997 MBBS, King Saud University School of Medicine
- Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- • ASPS Active member
- • ISAPS Active member
- • Saudi Council for Medical Specialties
- • Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC)
- • College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario, Canada (CPSO)
- • Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons
- • Operation Rainbow Canada (private, all volunteer non-profit medical services organization which functions without paid staff and provides free reconstructive surgery and related health care for cleft lip and cleft palate deformities to needy children and young adults in developing countries)
- • Michigan State Medical Society- USA
- • Kent County Medical Society -USA
- 1. Hammond, D.C., Simon, A.M., Khuthaila, D.K., et al. Latissimus Dorsi Flap Salvage of the Partially Failed TRAM Flap Breast Reconstruction. Plast. Reconstr. Surg. 2007 Aug;120(2): 382-9.
- 2. Hammond, D.C., Khuthaila, D.K., Kim, J. The Skate Flap Purse-String Technique for Nipple - Areola Complex Reconstruction. Plast. Reconstr. Surg. 2007 Aug;120(2):399-406.
- 3. Martella S, Caliskan M, Rossetto F, De Oliveira HA, De Brito Lima LN, De Lorenzi F, Khuthaila DK, Petit JY, Luini A. Surgical closure of chest wall in non-inflammatory locally advanced breast carcinoma with ulceration of the skin. Poster presented at the 9th Milan Breast Cancer Conference in Milan, Italy. June 20 -22, 2007
- 4. Hamdi, M., Khuthaila, D.K., et al. Double-Pedicle Abdominal Perforator Free Flaps for Unilateral Breast Reconstruction: New Horizons in Microsurgical Tissue Transfer to the Breast. J Plast, Reconstru. Aesthet. Surg. 2007;60(8):904-12
- 5. Hammond, D.C., Alfonso, D.R., Khuthaila, D.K., et al. Mastopexy using the SPAIR technique. Plast. Reconstr. Surg. Accepted.
- 6. Hammond, D.C., Khuthaila, D.K., Kim, J. The interlocking Gore-Tex suture for control of areolar diameter and shape. Plast. Reconstr. Surg.2007 Mar;119(3):804-9.
- 7. Urbaniak, R.M., Khuthaila, D.K., Khalil, A.J., Hammond, D.C. Closure of Massive Abdominal Wall Defects: A Case Report Using the Abdominal Re-approximation anchor (ABRA) system. Ann. Plast. Surg. 2006 Nov;57(5):573-7.
- 8. Hammond, D.C., Khuthaila, D.K. Augmentation Mammaplasty. Plastic Surgery Secrets. Second Edition, 2006.
- 9. Simon, A., Khuthaila, D.K., Hammond, D.C. Pyoderma gangrenosum following reduction mammaplasty. Canadian Journal of Plast. Surg. Spring 2006, 14 (1): 37-40
- 10. Hammond, D.C, Khalil, A. J., and Khuthaila, D.K. The interlocking Gore-Tex suture for control of areolar diameter and shape. Poster presented at the ASPS meeting in Chicago, September, 2005.
- 11. Khuthaila, D.K., Hammond, D.C. Back to the Latissimus Dorsi. Plastic Surgery Products, August 2005.
- 12. Thoma, A., Veltri, K., Khuthaila, D., et al. Comparison of the deep inferior epigastric perforator flap and free transverse rectus abdominis myocutaneous flap in postmastectomy reconstruction: a cost-effectiveness analysis. Plast. Reconstr. Surg. 2004 May;113(6):1650-61.
- 13. Thoma, A., Khuthaila, D., Rockwell, G., Veltri, K. Cost-utility analysis comparing free and pedicled TRAM flap for breast reconstruction. Microsurgery. 2003;23(4):287-95.
- 1. Khuthaila, D.K., Javed, Khurram. The Use of VAC Therapy in Surgical Wounds. Presented at the 2nd V.A.C Therapy Symposium in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Nov. 17, 2007.
- 2. Khuthaila, D.K., Hammond, D.C. The interlocking Gore-Tex suture for control of areolar diameter and shape. Presented to the Plastic Surgery Department at the European Institute of Oncology in Milan, Italy, July19th, 2007.
- 3. Khuthaila, D.K., Introduction to Plastic Surgery. Presented at the Girls' School in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. April, 9th, 2007
- 4. Khuthaila, D.K., Hammond, D.C. The interlocking Gore-Tex suture for control of areolar diameter and shape. Presented at the 60th Annual Meeting of the CSPS in Quebec City. June 14-17, 2006.
- 5. Khuthaila, D. Pedicled versus free TRAM flap for post –mastectomy reconstruction: A cost-utility analysis.
- Presented at the 55th Annual Meeting of the Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Jasper, Alberta. June 6-9, 2001
- And at the Annual Residents’ Research Conference in Hamilton Oct. 6th 2000
- 6. Khuthaila,D , Thoma A. Comparison of Deep Inferior Epigastric Perforator (DIEP) flap and Free Rectus Abdominis Myocutaneous (TRAM ) flap in post –mastectomy reconstruction. A cost –effectiveness analysis.
- Sept. 27th 2002 in Hamilton and at the 18th Annual Meeting of American Society of Reconstructive Microsurgery. January 12th 2003 in Kauai, Hawaii
- 7. Khuthaila, D, Bamehriz, F. Malignant Eccrine Poroma of the foot: A case Report and Review of the Literature. Presented at the Division of Plastic Surgery Residents Research Day, Sept. 27th , 2002 in Hamilton, Ontario
- 8. Khuthaila, D Hong, Bendago. A Severe Inflammatory Reaction to Hands after Cosmetic Liquid Silicone Injection. A Case Report and Review of the Literature.
- Presented at the Division of Plastic Surgery Residents Research Day, Oct. 2003 in Hamilton, Ontario.
- • ATLS
- • ACLS
- • ABLS( Advanced Burn Life Support)
- • Laparoscopic Surgery course at CMAS ( Center for minimal access surgery ), Hamilton, Ontario- 2000
- • Microsurgery course at St. Joseph’s Healthcare, Hamilton, Ontario - 2001
- • Endoscopic Plastic Surgery course , CMAS, Hamilton, Ontario- 2002
- • Minimally Invasive Approaches to Today’s Aesthetic Patient, New York-2003
- • 21st Annual Dallas Rhinoplasty Symposium 2004
- • Ted Thomas award in Plastic Surgery for Best Presentation-2000
- • Model Student King Saud University School of Medicine-1997
- SANJOY KUNDU
- M.D., B.Sc., D.A.B.R., F.R.C.P.C., F.A.S.A.
- Interventional Radiologist
- Specializing in Leg Varicose & Spider Veins
- Dr. Sanjoy Kundu BSc, MD, FRCPC, DABR. Dr. Kundu completed medical school and a residency in Diagnostic Imaging at the University of Toronto. Following this, he completed a Fellowship in Angiography and Interventional Radiology at the University Health Network in Toronto. He is a fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons. Dr. Kundu has licenses to practice in Ontario, Arizona and Bermuda. He is board certified in the United States. Dr. Kundu is the only physician in Ontario to be sanctioned by the College of Physicians and Surgeons to perform Endovenous Laser Ablation for the treatment of varicose veins.
- He is a member of the Radiological Society of North America, Society of Interventional Radiology, the American College of Phlebology, the American Society of Angiology, and the Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiological Society of Europe. Dr. Kundu is a member of the Technology Assessment Committee, Standards of Practise Committee and the Venous Forum at the Society of Interventional Radiology. He is also a member of the Public Education Committee at the American College of Phlebology. He has been awarded Fellowship in the American Society of Angiology for his contribution to Endovascular Medicine. Currently Dr. Kundu is involved in giving lectures worldwide on the technique and most recent advancements in Endovenous Laser Ablation. As an interventional radiologist he is specialized in endovascular procedures both in the venous and arterial systems using ultrasound or fluoroscopic guidance. Dr. Kundu utilizes a unique micropuncture technique to perform endovenous laser ablation and has had a 99% technical success to date.
- Dr. Kundu has trained with Dr. Robert Min a world expert and founder of endovenous laser ablation of varicose veins. He has also trained with Dr. Robert Weiss, a world expert in the treatment of venous disorders including varicose veins and spider veins. In addition to his duties at The Vein Institute of Toronto, Dr. Kundu also practices at Scarborough Hospital-General Campus where he founded the uterine fibroid embolization program, carotid stenting program along with a number of new leading edge interventional radiological procedures. He is currently the medical director of the uterine fibroid embolization program, carotid stent program and co-medical director of the abdominal aneurysm endograft program at the Scarborough Hospital.
- Dr. Kundu is currently involved in a number of research projects including evaluation of new agents for Uterine Artery Embolization; Determining the optimal angioplasty balloon for dialysis intervention; Determining the optimal protection device for renal artery stenting.
- SANDRA D. VOICE
- M.D., F.R.C.S.(C)
- Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Dr. Sandra Voice is one of Ontario's most prominent female plastic surgeons. Dr. Voice graduated from the University of Alberta in 1986. She did a fellowship in Glasgow Scotland specializing in hand surgery in 1987. She came to the Cosmetic Surgery Hospital in 1987 for a fellowship in cosmetic surgery. Following her fellowship in 1988, she was quickly invited come on as staff at the Cosmetic Surgery Hospital because of her expertise and skill. At the same time, she joined the Division of Plastic Surgery at Scarborough General Hospital where she quickly became renowned for her various breast surgery procedures and an integral part of Canada's first burn unit. Along with her cosmetic surgical technique, her empathetic, friendly nature is a personal trait that has given her recognition as one of Toronto's top breast reconstructive surgeons.
- She is a dedicated surgeon, who, on several occasions has selflessly offered surgical services to those in need, living in underprivileged countries.
- In improving her patients self esteem through her breast reconstruction surgery, it has become an endeavor of Dr. Voice to also improve on the self esteem of cosmetic patients through her facial rejuvenation and body contouring surgery.
- She participates in scientific presentations and had multiple publications with regards to plastic, cosmetic and reconstructive surgery.
- M.D., F.R.C.S.(C),
- Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Dr. Sarah Wong is a Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon fully certified by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
- Dr. Sarah Wong graduated from McMaster University Plastic Surgery Residency Program in 2007. She then completed a microvascular and reconstructive fellowship at the prestigious MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas. She focused on further subspecialty training in advanced breast reconstruction techniques including muscle-sparing DIEP (deep inferior epigastric perforator) and SIEA (superficial inferior epigastric artery) flaps. Upon her return, she joined the Division of Plastic Surgery at Scarborough General Hospital to spearhead the reconstruction program.
- Dr. Wong has been the recipient of many clinical and research accolades including the Greg Rische Memorial Endowment Award and Physicians’ Services Incorporated Foundation (PSI) Research Grant. In addition, she has authored numerous articles in reputable medical and surgical journals. Beyond publications, Dr. Wong gives presentations at national and international conferences. She continues to be an active member of the Canadian Society of Plastic Surgery.
- Known for her caring and empathic approach, Dr. Wong believes in patient-focused care. She approaches each patient individually and customizes her s